Monday, February 22, 2010

Cinnamon Chocolate Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream

I just got back from a board (bored) meeting weekend. I always hate the fact that I stay at really nice hotels (4-5 stars) but can't enjoy them because I'm stuck in their conference meeting rooms all weekend. I mean its amazing if I even see sunlight for 3 days (barring the fact that its winter and raining here but even some fresh air would be nice...GEEZ). So after I returned home from the meeting, I went to go pick up my baby from her boyfriend's house (is it wrong that a pitmix is in love with an Australian Shepard?!) and then came home to relax. Some people go jogging to relax...some read a book...I bake! :D

I wanted to make something new and since I was actually watching the FoodNetwork show on "my favorite thing to eat" or something like that, the founder of Sprinkles was on show saying that she loved some donut muffin from Healdsburg. She also said that she has a cinnamon sugar cupcake on her menu. I thought about making something like that because I remember making it before and it being soooo freakin good but I wanted to make something new so when I started research surfing, I came across this recipe off Epicurious and knew I had to make it. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I still have to learn to go against my instinct to fill the cupcake liners to the top....it makes them have a higher 'topper' affect which I don't like! But oooh sooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Wedding and Event Planning Resource